HS PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXEMPTION POLICY
In order to qualify for a physical education exemption during quarters 1, 2 or 4, you the student-athlete must be in compliance with ALL of the following:
- Be a bona fide member of a South Side High School junior varsity or varsity Section VIII interscholastic athletic team in grades 10, 11 or 12 and remain as a team member for the entire season. Ninth graders cannot be exempt. Athletes playing on outside club teams cannot be exempt.
- NOT have any unresolved “DC”, “F” or “Incompletes” in physical education.
- Have a proven rigorous academic schedule that includes at least 7 full periods every day excluding physical education. Schedules that have 6 classes one day, and 7 or more on the other do not qualify.
- The application must:
- Be handed into the Counseling Center BEFORE 3pm on the deadline dates for each quarter as listed on the yearly application.
- Include a copy of the student’s schedule with the school counselor’s verification of at least 7 periods each day excluding PE.
- Have student, parent/guardian, and school counselor’s signatures before the application gets forwarded to Ms. Roseto in the Physical Education Office.