- Evaluate program objectives as well as student athlete performances with compassion, justice and honesty.
- Set an example by demonstrating good sportsmanship and an understanding that healthy competition is part of the game.
- Be positive and be prepared to win or lose by demonstrating self-control and respect for players, officials, opponents and spectators while at games and practices.
- Plan organized practices regularly that address the needs of all players.
- Inform athletes at the beginning of the season of practice and game schedules including weekend and holiday commitments.
- Review expectations and eligibility rules including how students should address any conflicts they have with other school activities or jobs.
- Establish protocols with corresponding consequences for missed practices and games.
- Establish a notification system with athletes and parents that can be used in the event of an emergency or cancellation.
- Establish acceptable social media protocols with corresponding consequences for violations.
Coaches who make a difference are those that guide with principle.